Undeveloped Land

Undeveloped land is vacant and has no constructed utilities, structures or driveways existing on it. In Clear Creek County there are still many parcels and areas of the county that are considered undeveloped land. 

Undeveloped land may be the site of your future dream home or commercial business. It is important to know what you might be  purchasing or selling - from easements to zoning restrictions to utility challenges, vacant land can be more than meets the eye.

  1. Research
  2. Zoning
  3. Roads
  4. Permits
  5. Taxes
  6. FAQ's

Permit Research
Undeveloped or vacant land will likely not have an finalized or approved permits, however it may be a good idea to check if permits were once obtained in the past but work was never completed. In some cases, there are a few parcels left in the county where there may have been a permitted driveway that was constructed, or a septic system installed, but no structures. There are times property is sold as "vacant land" but may have permitted access and some utilities.

There are several ways to conduct your own property research in Clear Creek County. 

  1. E-Trakit
  2. Open Records Request
  3. Contact the Clear Creek County Permit Coordinator

E-Trakit is a web-based version of the Clear Creek County permit database. This feature allows citizens, and the public, to search for permit information associated with a parcel number or address in unincorporated Clear Creek County.  E-Trakit currently will show the type of permits issued, issue date and the status of the permit. Copies of plans, applications and permits are not currently available through E-Trakit and must be requested directly through an Open Records Request.

To access permit records through E-Trakit please visit the E-Trakit web page and navigate to the "Search Permit" tab. You will need to set up an account in E-Trakit to access permit records.

Open Records Request
If you are looking to obtain copies of specific documents you may submit an Open Records Request Form. Request for review and copies of records must be in conformance with the Clear Creek County Public Records Policy (R-19-38). Fees may be charged for research, retrieval of public records, copies of records, computer output, manipulating data and generating reports. 

Contact the Clear Creek County Permit Coordinator
If you need information that is not available through E-Trakit, simply have a questions about conducting record research, or have an inquiry about a specific property, please reach out to the Clear Creek County Permit Coordinator at permits@co.clear-creek.co.us or (303) 679-2333.

Research through ClearMap
The Clear Creek County Mapping & Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Department provides online digital maps to the public. This service is a great resource to utilize during your property research. 

When researching undeveloped land on ClearMap it is most beneficial to search by parcel number, parcel name or owner number. Undeveloped land will not receive an assigned address until a permitted residence or business is constructed. You can turn on different map layers that are helpful in understanding what conditions might exist on the property, such as contour layers, road maintenance layers,  the FEMA Flood Hazard layer, and building design criteria. 

You can print and generate your own maps from ClearMap. Please note that ClearMap is not survey accurate and while it provides a good idea of the general land and surrounding area, it should not be used to determine property boundaries.

To access ClearMap for your research, you can access our parcel map or zoning map. If you are researching a specific area for snow loads and wind speeds we have those too! Finally, if you looking to get from point A to point B, have a look at our road maintenance map.

Contact the Clear Creek County Mapping and GIS Department
If you need help navigating and using ClearMap or other interactive map services, please reach out to the Clear Creek County Mapping and GIS Department at mapping@clearcreekcounty.us or (303) 679-2436.