Right-Of-Way Permits

Permits for Construction, Utilities & Driveway Culverts in County ROW

Instructions for Right-of-Way Permit Applications

  1. Applicant - submits completed application to pw@clearcreekcounty.us, the following items should be included with the application:
    1. Detailed Scope of Work (include proposed schedule of work);
    2. Certificate of Liability Insurance (if you have submitted one for the year and it’s not expired you do NOT need to resubmit it with every permit application);
    3. Construction plan, preferably on map with areas clearly marked as to where the work will take place (this does not need to be to scale, however, it should be easily understood);
    4. Traffic Control Plan (TCP)
    5. Other Documentation as may be deemed necessary by the Road and Bridge Department
  1. Permit Fee $340 - must be paid prior to the application being reviewed. We accept cash, check and credit card (credit cards have a 2.25% processing fee). You may pay this in the following ways:
    1. Mailing address: CCC Road & Bridge Dept., P O Box 362, Dumont, CO 80436
    2. Office address: 3549 Stanley Road (CR 312), Dumont, CO 80436 – please call us to make an appointment to come into the office at: 303-679-2487
    3. Credit card payment over the phone at: 303-679-2487 (please leave a message if no one answers- we will try to get back to you as soon as possible)
  1. County Inspector Review – the review will consist of all submitted documents and verification that the permit has been paid for – please allow 2 to 3 business days.
  2. Initial On-Site Inspection - the County Inspector will visit the site prior to construction. Depending on the scope of work’s complexity, the Inspector may require the Applicant or Contractor to meet at site for a Pre-Construction meeting, this will occur prior to the Permit being issued.
  3. Calculation of the Performance Guarantee – after the initial site inspection, the County Inspector will calculate the performance guarantee calculation amount, if any. 
  4. Applicant Notification – the applicant will be notified by the administrative office of how much the Performance Guarantee will be. In addition, the applicant will be provided the Pledge & Security Agreement.
  5. Pledge & Security Agreement – this document must be signed, notarized, if the Performance Guarantee is over $5,000 (notarization is not required for permits less than $5,000),  and returned with the appropriate security deposit of cash, bond (if applicable) or Letter of Credit (Letters of Credit must be approved by the County Attorney). Please use the same payment methods listed above (a., b., or c.) for payment of these funds. The Performance Guarantee will be held at the County Treasurer’s office.
  6. County Receives from Applicant – the Performance Guarantee funds and signed Pledge & Security Agreement.  
  7. County Inspector - will provide a signed copy of the Approved Permit to the applicant.  
  8. Approved Permit – applicant/contractor must have a copy of the Approved Permit on site where the work is taking place. Failure to have the permit on site will result in a Stop Work Order and may require additional inspection fees.

After Issuance of Permit

  1. First Inspection of Work – Applicant must contact the Road and Bridge Department County Inspector to schedule this inspection.  This inspection is performed after work has begun but prior to any backfilling. Please call 48 hrs. in advance to schedule this inspection
  2. Final Inspection – Applicant must contact the Road & Bridge Department County Inspector to schedule this inspection.  This inspection is performed after all work has been completed, including backfill, compaction and restoration of asphalt, if applicable. Once again please call 48 hrs. in advance or make arrangements with the Inspector at the time of the first inspection with when the project should be completed.
  3. One-Year Performance Inspection - one year from final inspection the County’s inspector will conduct a performance inspection and make a recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners or the County Attorney on the return of the applicant’s security deposit.