Recreational Sport Shooting
- 6.3.21 - In May 2021, CPW awarded the County an $860,000 Shooting Range Development Grant. The grant and $550,000 match will provide funding for approximately 50% of the estimated total cost ($2.8 million) of the project and will include: (1) lead mitigation and remediation of the existing site, (2) preparation of final design plans and technical documents needed for permits and construction, (3) installation of the necessary service infrastructure (e.g. water, sewer, storm drainage improvements), (4) sitework required for the new range reconfiguration, and (5) construction of the clubhouse; including restrooms, classroom, office, and retail space. When completed, the range will offer 45 public shooting lanes and 2 action bays.
- 11.7.19 - County hires CVA to develop Range Design and Business Plan at former rodeo grounds
- 9.18.19 - County’s Acoustic Testing Project in Dumont (see pg 2 of Oct-Dec 2019 Chatter)
- 6.13.19 - Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests Releases Final Decision for Recreational Sport Shooting
- 6.11.19 - Colorado Parks & Wildlife award Planning Grant funding to Clear Creek County
- 10.3.18 - Devil’s Nose Shooting Range is closed for safety to allow construction
- 9.20.18 - Forest Service releases draft decision
- 11.1.17 - Sport Shooting Open Houses scheduled
- 11.1.17 - Alternative Maps as part of Forest Service Recreational Sport Shooting Project now online
Areas open to Recreational Sport Shooting
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife map of shooting ranges in Colorado
- County Open Space provided these guidelines and all State/Federal rules are adhered to. Please see Open Space areas that are closed to Recreational Sport Shooting.
- Private property in Clear Creek Countywith the following guidelines:
- If local covenants allow
- With permission from the property owner
- A sufficient backstop in place to keep bullets from leaving the property
- No Drugs or Alcohol
- Follow Colorado Revised Statues pertaining to Firearms or other misconduct
- Be respectful of your neighbors, no shooting after sunset or before sunrise
- Sportsman’s Club (Members only)
Areas Closed to Recreational Sport Shooting
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife
- Bergen Peak State Wildlife Area (PDF) - The discharge of firearms or bows is prohibited, except when hunting.
- Georgetown State Wildlife Area - Those lands that are within the Georgetown municipal limits.
- County Open Space
- Beaver Brook Watershed - Hunting is allowed during established hunting seasons for the purposes of hunting.
- Game Check Park
- Lawson Whitewater Park
- Oxbow property
- Philadelphia Mill Site
- Denver Mountain Parks – No firearms, bows or hunting.
- Historic District Public Lands (HDPLC) – All public lands within the HDPLCboundary and the Saxon Mountain Study Area. Hunting is allowed during established hunting seasons for the purposes of hunting.
- Map (PDF) of Georgetown-Silver Plume Historic District Public Lands
- USFS Properties