See below for updates on COVID-19 cases, vaccine and testing information and current/upcoming events.
CLEAR CREEK COUNTY COVID-19 UPDATES as of JULY 13, 2021
PLEASE GET VACCINATED ASAP -- the Delta variant is spreading very quickly and should be taken extremely seriously.
THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO END THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC IS TO GET FULLY VACCINATED, EVEN IF YOU ALREADY HAD COVID-19.
TOTAL CASES: 483 (up 5 from last week; updated per CDPHE)
NOTE: Current case counts in Clear Creek County, the State and the U.S. are not reflective of actual numbers, because testing has significantly dropped off. State modeling suggests that less than 20% of current cases are reflected in the case count.
TOTAL HOSPITALIZATIONS: 24 (no change)
TOTAL DEATHS: 3 (no change)
TOTAL VACCINE DOSES ADMINISTERED: 8,233 (up 8 from last week)
NOTE: This number includes county residents and non-residents.
VACCINATION RATE: 63% are vaccinated with at least 1 dose.
NOTE: This rate is based on 8,646 eligible residents aged 12+.
NOTES FROM DR. RYAN:
• If you are unvaccinated, or only partially vaccinated, I highly recommend that you get vaccinated ASAP.
• There are significant differences in vaccination rates between counties, states and countries – ranging from approximately 30% in some areas to 80% in others.
• Herd/community immunity will not be reached until 70% to 80% of the entire population is vaccinated.
• This means there are significant vulnerable pockets, so case numbers will most likely go up in those locations this Fall due to non-mask wearing and the prevalence of the highly-transmissible UK (Alpha) and Delta variants.
• The Delta variant is now in all 50 states and currently about 90% of the total cases in Colorado.
• The Delta variant is about 60% more transmissible than the UK variant, and will most likely be the dominant variant in the coming weeks.
UNTIL THE MAJORITY OF THE POPULATION IS VACCINATED, THE BEST WAY TO KEEP OURSELVES AND OUR COMMUNITIES HEALTHY IS TO:
• Limit your interactions with those who have not been vaccinated.
• When in public, wear a mask, keep your distance from others, and practice good hygiene.
• Fully vaccinated people can go without masks in public spaces unless the setting requires otherwise.
• Unvaccinated people ages 11 and over are encouraged to continue wearing masks in all public indoor spaces where members of different households are present.
• Masks are still required in certain settings, including in schools for unvaccinated students, teachers and staff, as well as other settings which are listed in the State’s Executive Order.
• Local businesses may have additional mask restrictions.
• Everyone must still wear masks on planes, buses, trains and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States, and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations. This is required by federal law for both vaccinated and unvaccinated people.
BUSINESSES AND SPECIAL EVENTS:
• For more information on business and/or special event guidance, please contact Rebecca Abrahamson at email@example.com
COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH VACCINATION CLINICS
Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines available for those age 18+
EVERY WEDNESDAY IN JULY
10am-2pm / Walk-In - no appointment necessary
Idaho Springs / Clear Creek Resource Center / 1531 Colorado Blvd.
NOTE: Due to moving into the new Collaborative Care Center in August, no CC Public Health Clinics will be held between August 5 - August 31. Clinics will resume on September 1 at the new Collaborative Care Center located at 1969 Miner Street in Idaho Springs.
To reduce wait time at clinics:
- Pre-register at: https://www.comassvax.org/clinic/search – enter CLEAR CREEK COUNTY in the LOCATION box and then click the SEARCH button. Find the clinic you're interested in and self-register.
- Complete the required Screening Form directly on PrepMod – no need to print it out. Paper copies available at the clinics if needed.
- Call the PUBLIC HEALTH/COVID INFO LINE at 303-670-7528
- This line is staffed Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm
For more information on COVID-19 Vaccinations in Clear Creek County , other vaccine clinic locations and frequently asked questions, please proceed to the COVID-19 Vaccine Information Page.
WHEN? TUESDAYS / 10am - 2pm / Drive-Thru
WHERE? GRAVEL LOT BETWEEN THE BUS BARN & DIGGER FIELD - by the Rec Center at 1047 Miner St. | Idaho Springs
Check for schedule updates at: https://www.covidcheckcolorado.org
To reduce wait-time, use this link to pre-register for COVID-19 TESTING: https://www.covidcheckcolorado.org
For more information on COVID-19 Testing in Clear Creek County please proceed to the COVID-19 Testing page.
MONTHLY VIRTUAL TOWN HALL
Thanks to all who participated in our July 8th Virtual Town Hall. Our next Virtual Town Hall will be held on Thursday, August 12th from 5:30pm to 6:30pm. Please check back closer to August 12th for topics and links.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this survey. Your answers will help shape the future of our county and better plan resources and support. Results are being compiled and will be shared when available.
More information about the survey can be found on our COVID-19 COMMUNITY IMPACT SURVEY page.